rostock 301 filament extrusion

raoulito9

rostock 301 filament extrusion

Post by raoulito9 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi.
My 301 is now correctly calibrated, but printing quality is poor.
I use PLA
Is seems that ther is not enough filament pushed by the extruder, so prints are full of holes.
The flow modifying in repetier host does not change anything.
Wher to modifie in firmware to tell extruders to push more filament ?
Attachments
IMG_18092016_135808_HDR.jpg
IMG_18092016_135808_HDR.jpg (174.88 KiB) Viewed 9684 times

mshievitz

Re: rostock 301 filament extrusion

Post by mshievitz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm

lattest firmware.
you can change extruder steps per MM on the printer itself.

Click/select-->
-->Control (really should say Settings)
---->Motion (Stepper Motors)
------>ESteps Per mm
dial up or down to desired value
-------->Select when done
------>Select again
Scroll down
---->Select Store Memory (write to EEPROM)

I hope this helps. i recommend calibrating your steps per mm for the extruder.

Mine is right on the money at 94.7
I hope this helps.
Good luck
MS

MikaëlV

Post by MikaëlV » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:09 am

I've set the Esteps/mm for Extruder3 - unfortunately the other extruders do require another setting in order to push out the same amount of filament!!?
If I have 3 settings for the 3 stepper motors XYZ, why don't I have 3 settings to address each extruder?

@ raoulito9, I know you're printing meanwhile - how did you solve this topic?

Cherio

mshievitz

Post by mshievitz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:09 am

i didn't. unfortunately the firmware is closed source. not all the configuration parameters are presented on the LCD interface.
at the present moment this is the only way to adjust the printers settings.
there have been some efforts to replace the firmware with marlin for STM. but i am not aware of any successes yet...
the only option is that or to replace the controller board with a RUMBA board. this would be a major rewire effort due to the specialized wiring harness.
the 8-bit atmega RUMBA is under powered for Delta (Rostock) use and 3 color blending would only mate things worse so i don't recommend this.

my opinion is the printer was released before the software was ready for general use.

I would like to see at minimum more options available for configuration. i have a BLTouch just waiting to be installed on this printer.

there needs to be better access and a BLTouch/Layer fan option in software and a STL part made available to support them to make this printer more useable

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:54 am

Hello mshievitz,
Bonjour mshievitz,

You can find the original text into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

mshievitz, je suis comme vous ! J'ai deux Geeetech Rostock 301 (M301) avec 3D Touch en attente.

La solution de passer à la version Marlin STM m'intéresse grandement, auriez-vous le/les hyperliens vers le sujet que vous avez lu qui en parle et comment procéder sous Linux (dans mon cas : Kubuntu 16.04 64 bits) ?

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello mshievitz,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

mshievitz, I'm like you! I have two Geeetech Rostock 301 (M301) with 3D Touch on hold.

The solution to move to the Marlin STM version interests me greatly, would you have hyperlinks to the topic you read about it and how to proceed under Linux (in my case: Kubuntu 16.04 64 bits)?

Cordially,

Friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177