Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

lalex
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 am

Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by lalex » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:33 am

Hello,

I need help. I am new in the 3D world.
I bought "MeCreator 2" printer.

When I print the circle, print the printer the oval (the axis X Y).

1. Is it adjustable or is the hardware issue?

2. How can I set my printer (the axis X Y)?

Thank you in advance.

best regards
Alexander

P.S.: Thanks for the note.
I detalisiert my question:
Square is now ok but circle is not round. (See pictures)..
Attachments
20160822_2 (1).jpg
20160822_2 (1).jpg (104.24 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
20160822_2 (2).jpg
20160822_2 (2).jpg (99.32 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
20160822_2 (3).jpg
20160822_2 (3).jpg (107.8 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
20160822_2 (4).jpg
20160822_2 (4).jpg (69.35 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
Last edited by lalex on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 3710
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by William » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:05 pm

lalex wrote:Hello,

I need help. I am new in the 3D world.
I bought "MeCreator 2" printer.

When I print the square, prints the printer the rectangle (the axis X Y).
When I print the circle, print the printer the oval (the axis X Y).

1. Is it adjustable or is the hardware issue?

2. How can I set my printer (the axis X Y)?

Thank you in advance.

best regards
Alexander
Hi,
Could you attach some pics or a video,so i can learn more about it.Thanks
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 3710
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by William » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:12 pm

OK,it looks a bit imperfect.You can try the following tips:
1.Upload the firmware again.
2.Check if the timings belt of X axis and Y axis are too tight to move difficultly.
3.You can try "Move Axis" on LCD or Repetier Host to see if the corresponding axis moves accurately.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lalex
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by lalex » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:04 am

thank's for the tipps:

>> 1. Upload the firmware again.
The displayed objects are already printed with the last firmware version.
>> 2. Check if the timings belt of X axis and Y axis are too tight to move difficultly.
I have checked. The timing strap of X axes and Y easily moves, without problem and they are not too tight.
>> 3. You can try "Move Axis" on LCD or Repetier Host to see if the corresponding axis moves accurately.
I think, what I see, that is an exactly/accurately movement.

What can I still check?

Thanks.

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 3710
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by William » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:43 am

lalex wrote:thank's for the tipps:

>> 1. Upload the firmware again.
The displayed objects are already printed with the last firmware version.
>> 2. Check if the timings belt of X axis and Y axis are too tight to move difficultly.
I have checked. The timing strap of X axes and Y easily moves, without problem and they are not too tight.
>> 3. You can try "Move Axis" on LCD or Repetier Host to see if the corresponding axis moves accurately.
I think, what I see, that is an exactly/accurately movement.

What can I still check?

Thanks.
uh,seems like everything is OK,you can check if the printer itself has a problem,i mean the hardware,like the printer frame is diagonal because of transportation,cuz i heard you have some broken fans.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lalex
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by lalex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Willian, thanks for tips:

It was really a mechanical problem.

Troubleshooting was:
I took off all belts, I greased all moving parts, I put on belts back with a smaller stretch.

Now the circle is symmetrical and round, but the Diameter is not right.

I to pressure a Kube with a hole in the middle:
Desired:
X = 20 mm
Y = 20 mm
Z = 2 mm
Diameter of hole in the middle 10 mm

It is printed:
Kube is properly printed:
X = 20 mm
X = 20 mm
Z = 2 mm
But hole in the Mitter is smaller:
Diameter of hole 9.6 mm

Which settings can I still look?

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 3710
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by William » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 am

Hi,
The object you printed includes a square and a circle,you measured the square in its external perimeter,while you measured the circle hole in its perimeter.

But how the computer knows that?How could the slicer program calculate the two standards successfully?

I think the program calculates sizes with external perimeter.And it also depends on your extruding width,like yours is 0.4mm,it will appear 0.4mm's deviation when you're printing a circle if we calculate it from the middle of the nozzle,0.2mm deviation on each side.

In summary,your two measuring ways have a conflict in the slicer program,and i think it's normal.What's your opinion?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lalex
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by lalex » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:29 am

Thanks for a detailed explanation.

Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem.
For the printer with the permission 0.05mm on XY axis an error in 0.2 mm on internal sides it somehow is a bit too much. I it consider had to be considered when developing the printer...

I looked at Slic3r a configurator and found the following control there:
Print setting -> Advancet -> Other -> XY Size Compensation

Unfortunately this compensation affects outer edges of edge and edge inner edges (both sides). I need compensation only of edge inside.

I think my decision to buy MeCreator 2 was a mistake :(

Once again thanks for your detailed explanation.

All the best.
Alexander.

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 3710
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by William » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:00 pm

lalex wrote:Thanks for a detailed explanation.

Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem.
For the printer with the permission 0.05mm on XY axis an error in 0.2 mm on internal sides it somehow is a bit too much. I it consider had to be considered when developing the printer...

I looked at Slic3r a configurator and found the following control there:
Print setting -> Advancet -> Other -> XY Size Compensation

Unfortunately this compensation affects outer edges of edge and edge inner edges (both sides). I need compensation only of edge inside.

I think my decision to buy MeCreator 2 was a mistake :(

Once again thanks for your detailed explanation.

All the best.
Alexander.
In my opinion,the hardware is OK.
I think you can use another slicing software to have a try,then see if it makes a difference.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lalex
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Setting the axes X and Y is wrong. Please, help.

Post by lalex » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Thanks for council.

In the instruction to the printer it is worth about Slic3r.
I will try also other slicing software to check a difference.

I will write about result here.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest