Total print shutdown both USB & SC Card

Lloyd

Total print shutdown both USB & SC Card

Post by Lloyd » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:30 pm

I've been working for a couple of months to get my 'Prusa i3 Pro-C Duel' to print properly. I got it to make a print that is almost usable 2 days ago. I am pretty sure the problem has been either software settings or print head adjustment on my part.
But today, for the 1st time, nothing works.

The only thing that I have done today was download some sample settings from georgeroblesjr at https://georgeroblesjr.wordpress.com/20 ... -i3-pro-b/

My software has suddenly started receiving "Permission Denied" messages when any software attempts to connect to the printer. I have a couple of pieces of software which can usually connect to the board and send files to the printer. Right now, they all get the same messages. "Permission Denied."

Windows reports that the connection is working properly, and properly identifies each time the USB cord is plugged in. I also swapped out USB cords to make sure there wasn't a USB cord problem.

Using the SD Card, I copy a gcode file to an SD card and the LCD recognizes both the card and the file.
Normally, the printer will come to the temperatures from the gcode without any further intervention form me. But that is not happening now.
I then preheat the the nozzles to PLA temperature. (I am using PLA.) I also set the bed temperature at 70 C.
I tell it to print from the file on the SD card, and it properly loads the file.
The printer LCD shows the file is in use. But the temperature is not changing, and the print heads are not moving. (Preheat temperatures are 180, and slic3r settings from the George Rubles Jr files is around 200. Normally the printer would raise nozzle temperature to 200. But that's not happening.)
(Trying a gcode file with the slic3r settings to the previous 180 produces the same results.)
Setting to preheat temperatures does bring the nozzles and bed to the preheat temperatures.
There are no messages about waiting for anything, such as temperature. But nothing is moving.
It appears as if all of the normal lights are on and the proper ones are flashing on the GT2560 board.
But no filament is coming out and nothing is moving....

Everything seems to be OK when looking for a broken wire and something coming unplugged. I have had that happen before, but I don't see a problem now.

I seem to be getting the proper messages as if the printer was working, but nothing moving....

And connecting my computer to the board seems to be suddenly out of the question.

Ideas please?

Mark

Re: Total print shutdown both USB & SC Card

Post by Mark » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:43 pm

Does the PSU working? and the firmware, how about reinstall the original firmware?

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:21 pm

I am getting an error that communication with the board is not allowed. I first checked my firewall log to see if there was a message there, but there wasn't. When I connect the printer, the connected devices icon for the printer shows up like normal. But I simply can not communicate with it.

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:24 pm

One more thing, I have gotten the SD Card reader to start working again. Don't ask me what I did because I really don't know.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 pm

when use USB, did you use the correct baud rate 250000 to communicate with the printer?

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Sorry Mark, I mistakenly thought that I had already replied to your question. All of the connection setting are exactly the same as they have always been. Nothing has changed in the connection settings. However, the card reader did start working. There may have been a weak connection, since it started working after I pushed in all of the board connections. But I still get a Windows message of "Access is denied" when attempting to connect my computer to the printer.

This absolutely makes no sense since it worked one day and didn't work the next. Nor was there any software changes. In fact the computer and the printer were turned off in the interval between me running it. However, it has been over a week and beyond the SD Card starting to work again, nothing has changed. I still get "Access is denied" when attempting to connect my computer to the printer.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:18 pm

must have been occupied by some other softwares, try to use another computer or change another USB cable.

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:29 am

While I seem to have several computer devices, netbook (running Linux Mint), Android smartphone, tablet, Chromebook, etc. But my 6 year old laptop computer is the only one which has enough memory and resources to deal with creating 3D files, then running the software and this printer. (8 GB of memory with 1 TB hybrid hard drive, plus 14 TB of external storage.)

Lloyd

Post by Lloyd » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:33 am

I just replied, but I forgot to add that I had already tried a couple of USB cables. That was my 1st thought. But since they both could be bad, I will try a couple of more later.

Thanks
Lloyd