Geeetech i3 Prusa Dual Extruder

carlzoll

Geeetech i3 Prusa Dual Extruder

Post by carlzoll » Wed May 20, 2015 4:38 am

I am looking at purchasing this printer and was wondering if it can print using the same 5 materials at the single extruder model. The regular Geeetech i3 Prusa can use ABS, PLA, Flexible PLA, Wood and Nylon.

zhangxueyou

Re: Geeetech i3 Prusa Dual Extruder

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed May 20, 2015 9:03 am

You can have a try.

carlzoll

Post by carlzoll » Wed May 20, 2015 11:05 pm

I haven't purchased the printer yet. I was hoping to find out if it could before I give it a try...

rita

Post by rita » Fri May 22, 2015 9:15 am

carlzoll wrote:I haven't purchased the printer yet. I was hoping to find out if it could before I give it a try...
i tried, but not that good, there is always jam in the barrel, so, do not risk it

carlzoll

Post by carlzoll » Fri May 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Thank you, Rita.

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:16 am

It would be nice if they would post a definitive working set of settings for the current version of the software they are recommending, specific to each irritation of machine...maybe even provided a downloadable test, G-code program, that runs through the features..and prints something...but thats probably too much to ask....

very frustrated consumer.

JETNC

Post by JETNC » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:04 am

I think that this would be hard to do as each printer is different and the environment they are working in is different. Like the type of filament, humidity, temperature, etc. I'm just getting started in 3D printing also, and I am finding a lot of information on line to help me. If you have printing quality issues look for a pictorial guide of issues identified with photos. So far that has helped me to identify too low extruder temperature, too fast feed rate, clicking noise on extruder head, etc.

RJack

Post by RJack » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:05 pm

I am new to 3D printing and quickly realized this hobby is not for the technically "timid". It has taken me sometime to get it working properly and figure out the nuances of how it operates. I am still learning as I finally have it printing consistently and now will focus on fine tuning the printer and getting the 2nd extruder working. It also appears learning how to print with ABS will be a challenge. I purchased the printer after enrolling my 11 year old son in a summer course on 3D printing. They had 2 cubify printers but suggested I try one of these DIY printers from ebay. After a week and a half of assembling and struggling to get it printing, I finally was able to figure it out and now have it printing PLA adequately for simple designs. My son and I are enjoying it but realize we have much work and learning ahead of us.

Not sure how much easier it would have been to buy a fully assembled model for a bit more money... The affordable pre-assembled models appear a bit small and limited to me and I kind of sense the "learning" curve of how to print would probably not have been much different. Only difference would have been the week I spent getting it working, i.e. loading the firmware, learning Repetier, etc. It would have been nice to have a bit more direction on what all the different setting do and more clarity regarding the firmware, slicer, etc. Anyway we will "enjoy" the journey at this point.