Nozzle Turning Off During Print

Jay.Falardeau

Nozzle Turning Off During Print

Post by Jay.Falardeau » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:16 am

Hey,
I believe the issue I'm having is firmware related, but I decided to open a new thread.
During prints, everything will be going great until near the end (usually the last 5-30 min depending on layer, and size of print). Randomly, the printer will turn the nozzle off, but continue to try and print until it reaches a "Temp too low", and it will pause. When trying to resume the print, it will acknowledge the preheat, but will not heat up, and cause a "Heater Fail", which in turn forces me to reset the printer, cancelling the print. I've checked extruder settings, printer settings, and the gcode of all the slices, and have come up with nothing. With this in mind, this only seems to happen when I am trying to print with multiple extruders (2 or 3). If I print with a single extruder, I do not have any issues. That being said, I have to use EX0 to print in one color, and not EX1 or EX2, otherwise the same thing happens. This is what leads me to believe that it is a firmware issue.
Other issues I have been having include printer resets when trying to click on the "color mixer" option of the LCD screen. The current firmware I am using is the (Firmware For A10T(GT2560 V4.0 support 3d touch)). The other firmware that does not have BLtouch support has never given me any issues.
Curious if anyone else has had issues and/or have heard of these issues. I Have not heard back from Geeetech yet (2 weeks now), so I'm hoping there is some sort of solution out there, other than going back to the original firmware without the BLtouch.

Thanks

Jarda3d

Re: Nozzle Turning Off During Print

Post by Jarda3d » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:27 am

When I was something like this problems, then already was problem with gcode (SD card removed too early), not with printer firmware alone.

Check your gcode in text editor it there are not binary blocks.

Possibly it could be EMC problem, so there are one easy half- and one full solution.

1. add 100nF capacitor to print head PCB. You need to find where are termistor connector
2. It is schematic for MCU direct input, not for input at cable side on mainboard
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

Jay.Falardeau

Post by Jay.Falardeau » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:02 am

vert wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:37 am
yea known issue with stock firmware that is years out date and closed source still.
So, as in there hasn't been any solution for this? Just broken firmware without a fix? any ideas on where to find the issue in the firmware?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:43 am

:D Hi,We already know about firmware issues,
I will feed this information back to the engineer,
This issue will be resolved as soon as possible.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:52 am

Could it depends on gcode initialization? Because I have NO problems with stopping.
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:22 am

Bingo, it is problem with direct printing from PC, I use SD card only.

Jay.Falardeau

Post by Jay.Falardeau » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:59 am

Jarda3d wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:22 am
Bingo, it is problem with direct printing from PC, I use SD card only.
I also only print with an SD card, so no, this is not confined to PC printing. I have tried PC printing as well, but it does not seem to matter. As far as G.codes go, there doesn't seem to be anything listed that would cause this error. I have found that this does not happen with all models, only some. I also started changing scale size to anything but a 100% scale and I have not had any issue since (coincidence?). But I do agree there might be a timeout issue. I Ran out of filament which the sensor detected and paused, but when I went to reheat the end, it timed out and caused a "heater error", which ended up cancelling the print (pretty useless to have a filament detector if this continues to happen). I guess I may just have to go back to the firmware without BL touch as I never had any of these issues with the original firmware. would be nice if Geeetech had opensource firmware. I know ive seen marlin files for some geeetech printers, may just have to try and get my hands on them and go through the codes to see if anything stands out...