Shifting on y-axis

Agoodevans

Shifting on y-axis

Post by Agoodevans » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:00 pm

I bought an A30 pro recently. I Had some initial minor problem with x- axis moving. Tightened grub screws and have calibrated machine and getting good accuracy on 50mm cube in PLA.
Todays problem:
Printing ABS E=245, Bed=110. Using Cura 4.8. I'm now getting good quality finish and layering is no longer brittle but after about 5 hours of printing the machine starts shifting in the Y-axis producing diagonal slots in my ducting instead of vertical. Well the whole job is progressively shifting forwards. Initially I thought the Extruder was hitting the end of the job as I was having trouble with warping at each end. I have now solved the warping by adjusting temperatures, cleaning bed and adding a Brim. The first part of the job looks great but it then destroys itself.
If anyone could help that would be appreciated as I've run out of ideas. Yes I have checked the belt and grub screws.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
DuctAttempt2.JPG
DuctAttempt2.JPG (174.03 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
DuctAttempt1.JPG
DuctAttempt1.JPG (183.63 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
DuctAttempt 3.JPG
DuctAttempt 3.JPG (163 KiB) Viewed 10124 times

Agoodevans

Re: Shifting on y-axis

Post by Agoodevans » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:21 am

Hmm. No replies but I've done some research. Looks like it might be the same problem as the Creality Ender where the Extruder fan is turned off when using ABS but this also turns off the controller cooling fan. Works fine with PLA. I'm off to confirm this theory.

Agoodevans

Post by Agoodevans » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:06 am

Checked it out. When printing ABS code E.Fan off, Controller fan is definitely on. So I'm assuming I have a y-axis stepper driver issue. Time to contact support unless someone can point me in the right direction.

Agoodevans

Post by Agoodevans » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:08 pm

I think I've fixed the problem. The four manual bed adjusting threaded rods under the bed were loose. I've tightened then and i think it's fixed the issue. I rotated the print job 90 degrees so I haven't done exactly the same print but I think it's solved.

Ironcastaway

Post by Ironcastaway » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:07 pm

Hello,

I purchased 6 total Geeetech machines. 3 A30T's and 3 A20T's. The 20's I upgraded to Marlin and it resolved my issue. I still experience the y-axis shift on all 3 A30T's and have no idea what to do anymore. The fact this many users are having an issue tells me this is a quality control / factory error. Very disappointing, I've tried pretty much everything to resolve the issue and can't seem to find one. Any information you might have is appreciated. So far my guess is a cheap board that's vref is underpowered (based on the types of shifts everyone is getting). I'd hate to buy a new board and make adjustments there on a hunch.

kobu83

Post by kobu83 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:12 pm

Ik heb sinds kort de A30T, alles leek goed, totdat ik een grotere print van meer dan 5 uur maakte. Toen kreeg ik verschuivingen.

Niet op de Y-as maar op de X-as!..

Ik ben er nog niet achter waar dit aan ligt, de riem staat netjes op spanning en alles loopt soepeltjes.

Nog iemand ideeën??