Problem: "Thermal runaway..."

Possum

Problem: "Thermal runaway..."

Post by Possum » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 pm

I have stuck with a serious bug of my printer. Yesterday it suddenly stopped and show "Thermal runaway..." message. I pressed reset and tried to restart print. And there a main problem began:

1. Printer starts to heat hotend (target temperature set to 195)...
2. Monitor shows temperature increasing... until this value reached 137-138 and no more. BUT hotend continues to heating up! After 30 seconds filament starts to leak and then hotend makes it boiled! The are bubbles and steam out of the nozzle. There are no doubt: hotend is warmed up to 255+ degree (I don't know physical limit of my heaters) but something prevents my motherboard to identify data taken from my temperature sensor.
3. I have changed temperature sensor with new on. No result. I have tested sensor with potentiometer - the sensor is good and shows right resistance.

I can't use printer. Can anyone help me? Any suggestions?

PS: Use Marlin 1.1.8, no hardware changes.

Possum

Re: Problem: "Thermal runaway..."

Post by Possum » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:18 am

Additions: with disconnected temperature sensor display shows: -5c. When I made short circuit with his pins display shows +137c.
Seems it is motherboard problem. How it can be fixed? Do I need full MB replacing or just a few elements (which ones)?