GT2560 V4 Connections for Installing Bootloader

lmcmulle

GT2560 V4 Connections for Installing Bootloader

Post by lmcmulle » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:18 am

Hi,

Can someone share a photo of how to connect a Arduino Uno to the GT2560 V4 Board to use the uno as a programmer? My board doesn't have a boot loader installed on it, and i need to flash the firmware to enable 3dtouch.

Thanks

Leigh.

William
Site Admin

Re: GT2560 V4 Connections for Installing Bootloader

Post by William » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi, You can try to download the firmware of hex on the official website, and then upload it using the firmware kit,

For specific operation methods, please refer to this:https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 20&t=69705

If there is an error, please refer to this: https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 20&t=69684
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 am

THE PROBLEM is that many of the A20T's were shipped without a bootloader, so you can't flash the firmware AT ALL.

I'm asking specifically about how to connect a Ardunio Nano board to the Gt2560 V4 Board to use the Nano as a programmer, so that I can install a boot loader. Can someone share the proper pins to use on the GT2560 V4 Board?

Volans

Post by Volans » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:59 am

EXACTLY my question too.

Vert says here to "press and hold reset when you flash..." PLEASE CLARIFY this statement
Do you mean hold down the reset during the entire upload process and don't release until it completes? I haven't been doing that part.
Guess I will try to begin holding the reset button before I hit the update button, continue to hold the button throughout the upload process and release the button when upload completes.

William, the firmware kit is no better for those of us with this problem. It doesn't work for me. And I don't think it said specifically to hold reset on instructions I have found using the firmware kit. Maybe you need to do that, reset switch during entire upload process, on every method of installation?

Vert, I think I saw you were using Octopi. This site doesn't have instructions, but I think that will be my next step.
Thank you for the new information about the 40 pin breakout. Where can I get that?

I've been flashing a variety of AVR boards for 10 years? I think. These are the worst boards to program that I have ever encountered.
This business with holding the reset combined with very unclear instructions on when to hold and when to release.

After three days of struggling with the poor instructions on this website, I'll try one more time to flash Marlin 2 tomorrow and report back here my results. Maybe I will increase my ratings on this printer when my level of frustration dies down.

Win10 current, verified ch340 driver on COMx

FranatiX

Post by FranatiX » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:30 am

I found a very easy way for me to flash a new firmware to this board using the Geeetech (Smatto) Firmware Upgrador from the Geeetech Download Area ;)

0. Power off the printer (and all other devices that use serial (COM) ports) and also close all programs that could try to connect to the printer, when it starts
1. Start Smatto and load the hex-file you want to flash. The Port should show up "Empty".
2. Power on the printer
3. Smatto will automatically switch to the COM-Port of your printer after about 2 seconds. In this moment you should click on "upgrade from local"

If Smatto shows timeouts you were to slow or possibly to fast. Then start again with 0. You will have max. about 1 second to start the upload.

Good luck :)

Rodry

Post by Rodry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:32 am

Hi, i have the same problem GT2560 v4 for A20T

Rodry

Post by Rodry » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:39 am

Testing The Board i test this pins, but not work, any idea?
Attachments
Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (127.5 KiB) Viewed 18084 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi,you can replace it.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

floyddotnet

Post by floyddotnet » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:10 am

How i unbrike my GT2560 V4 board after powerloose during upload a new firmware:

Hi, today I successful unbrike my GT2560 V4 board from my A10 and i will share my steps.

first i test the pins of the atmegas to the lcd connector. then i looked around on the board to find out how i can supply the board and the arduino from the same power source. a protection circuit prevented this, but this can be deactivated by setting the jumper J3.
now i tried to burn a new bootloader using a Nano, Uno or Mega as programmer ("Arduino as ISP"). no variant worked, because either no connection could be established (e.g. "not in sync") or the checksums could not be verified.

in the arduino forum i came across the hint to try "Nick's bootloader sketch".

here are the steps that worked for me
  • 0. Unpluge your power supply
  • 1. flash the "Atmega_Board_Programmer" from https://github.com/nickgammon/arduino_sketches to an seperate arduino uno (only compatible with Uno and Mega), if you didn't have enough flash space, you can change the config to:

Code: Select all

#define USE_ATMEGA8 false 
    #define USE_ATMEGA16U2 false // Uno USB interface chip
    #define USE_ATMEGA32U4 false // Leonardo
    #define USE_ATMEGA168 false 
    #define USE_ATMEGA1280 false 
    #define USE_ATMEGA1284 false 
    #define USE_ATMEGA2560 true
    #define USE_ATMEGA256RFR2 false // Pinoccio Scout
  • 2. wire the PINs as shown in the pinout picture below to this arduino uno
  • 3. switch the jumper J3 from DC5V to USB (from left+middle to middle+right), this is important because you must power the board with the 5V-GND pins from the UNO
  • 3. connect the UNO to the PC, open Arduino Studio and the Serial Monitor (you can use any other serial monitor too)
  • 4. send the command 'C' via serial monitor if you can see "Type 'C' when ready to continue with another chip ..." or go the next step
    if you see "Failed to enter programming mode. Double-check wiring!" repeated from step 2
  • 5. wait unit you can read "Type 'G' to program the chip with the bootloader ..."
  • 6. press 'G' and wait until "Done." and "Type 'C' when ready to continue with another chip ..." is shown in the serial monitor
  • 7. flash a new firmware
  • 8. switch back the jumper J3 to DC5V
The PINOUT:
Geeetech_20200312150232_2.jpg
Geeetech_20200312150232_2.jpg (209.22 KiB) Viewed 15770 times
You can read more about the Atmega Board Programmer there: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11635

Rainer2

Post by Rainer2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Hello

i have the same Problem, Pleace can you help me!
i send you pm

Thanks