Patching A20T firmware for 3dTouch

andrevanderweide

Re: Patching A20T firmware for 3dTouch

Post by andrevanderweide » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:30 am

today i again flashed my geetech a20t now to marlin 2 b477 version using octoprint to flash it
Also my cr10s pro get the marlin 2.0
go test it now
Last edited by andrevanderweide on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creality Ender 3v2
Creality S10 Pro Marlin 2.0

andrevanderweide

Post by andrevanderweide » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:07 pm

vert wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:42 am
cool if you haven't already should join us on my discord for support for my firmware.
i have the A20T and have several videos on my youtube where i do testing ect.
I know i am follow you that's why i can update my printer because you show very good how to do it. :D :D :D :D
Creality Ender 3v2
Creality S10 Pro Marlin 2.0

LudSoft

Post by LudSoft » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:43 pm

This software works good.
You must hold RST button on printer and when release, in the same time must click to "Upgrade from local" button.
Attachments
a20t.GIF
a20t.GIF (81.6 KiB) Viewed 10092 times

dradford

Post by dradford » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:17 am

This software works good.
Hmmm... not for me it didn't. Tried it on 2 PCs and 2 Macs, and 3 of them didn't have any upload buttons at the bottom of the window, and the one that did (the Mac Mini) didn't do anything when you DID push the button - it just spins forever after printing:
- Start to Upgrade Mainboard with avrdude!
- If AVRDUDE interrupted/threw exception, you can extract USB cable physically and restart upgrading process.
(Actually, the avrdude in the Mac bundle gave me an error about processor type when I tried to invoke it directly, so maybe it's a duff build.)

Also tried flashing the printer from my Raspberry Pi using OctoPi, but couldn't figure out the exact settings to use. But I DID manage to flash the image eventually on my Windows 7 PC by bypassing the UI and invoking avrdude directly. If anyone else is having problems too, then try this:
1) Go to the download page. Download and install the USB drivers (CH340). You can't set the baud rate as high as 250000 in the device manager, but it doesn't seem to matter.
2) Download and unzip the Firmware Toolkit V2.0 for Win. You need at least avrdude.exe and the .conf files. Copy them to a convenient folder.
3) Download and unzip the firmware for A20T+3DTouch ie. "Firmware For A20T(GT2560 V4.0 Support 3Dtouch-Beta)" to the same folder.
4) Go to the command line and change the folder to avrdude's and you can invoke avrdude from there.

Assuming you're using COM3, the following command will just check the connection and do nothing else:

Code: Select all

avrdude -c wiring -P COM3 -p ATmega2560
If it returns some info, you're good to go. To backup the current flash memory to a hex file, use:

avrdude -c wiring -P COM3 -p ATmega2560 -U flash:r:backup.hex:i
When you're happy that's working, this will write the hex file to the flash:

avrdude -c wiring -P COM3 -p ATmega2560 -U flash:w:A20T_G05_V1.1.8-2.1-3DTOUCH.hex:i
FYI, in the end I didn't even have to touch the reset button for this to work.