A20x vs Geetech I3

rotormansa

A20x vs Geetech I3

Post by rotormansa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:26 am

I purchased a Geetech I3 in 2017. Four years of use and no big issues. I did print some options for the machine, the biggest fix was to mechanically isolate the Z-axis rod wobble from the gantry. Print quality has been good and only an occasional nozzle clog. I was contemplating changing out the print head with the dual, but at nearly $90 it makes more sense to just buy a new machine which brings me to this post.

My questions are:
  • Aside from 3 material sources verses 2 material sources, are there any differences between the A20M and A20T?
    Is the bed heated like the I3?
    Do both reels (on the M) or all three reels (on the T) have to be installed or can the slicer select which reel to use.
    Can the same colors be run, a full reel and nearly empty reel, and when one reel empties the full reel picks up the print?
    The super plate option with bumps, can those be scraped off? I'm used to use a razor blade to remove my prints and fear if the bumps can be sliced off I'd opt not to have that option?
    I don't have self leveling now, is that a worth while option with this machine and does it work? On the I3 read it was very good.
    The 15A power supply, is there an option to get the A30 series 18.5A supply? On the I3 the power supply is inadequate to quickly heat the plate to 100C and would not want this on this machine.
    Is there any decoupling of the Z-axis from the gantry? From the pictures it looks like the same type of rods are used for Z-axis movement as is used on the I3 (my I3 rods were very out of true).
In advance, thanks for the answers and opinions.

SA