Geeetech a20m, leveling, and questions about editing.

Engineero

Geeetech a20m, leveling, and questions about editing.

Post by Engineero » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:56 pm

I bought a A20M printer, been using it on win-10 and printing from the SD card.

Been using Fusion-360 to create models, and Cura-4.0 to slice to *.gcode files to the SD card for printing.

I later purchased the official auto leveling sensor, 3d-toutch.
Arduino (MARLIN) 1.8.5 firmware is updated, and u8 library compiled and installed.

I have it installed like it said to do in the Videos linked here from Youtube, pins are in proper alignment, I've tried using the 3mm hex wrench setup, and I've tried the 2mm platform setup for Z height.

The issue I'm having is that the printer is very hard to get level, and I get pre-print oozing as the extruder nozzle heats up.

I could very much use some advice in setting the bed level to the gantry, and getting the Auto-leveling sensor setup with the proper Z offset so I get a good 1st layer.

I also would like to know if its possible to set the starting point (pre Print) to be at 0x-0y-#z so the pre-print oozing out isn't on the bed.

This is open source, but I don't really know how to fiddle with the code to adjust leveling points and how many Grid points or other fine tuning.

The 3d printer I started with was a XYZ-Davinci-pro, and other than it being completely proprietary concerning slicing software, it just never did print accurate and I wanted to take the next step towards getting a nice 3d printer that isn't restricted to poor software and bad firmware updates.

Is anyone willing to help out?

Tomyuan

Re: Geeetech a20m, leveling, and questions about editing.

Post by Tomyuan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:24 pm

I think you can take a look on "Start code"

You can refer to these:

Code: Select all

G28; Auto home
G29; Auto leveling
G1 Y-3 F3000; Move the nozzle out of the print area
M190 S60; Heating the bed
M109 S200; Heating the nozzle
G1 X60 E9 F1000;Lines
G1 X120 E12 F1000; Wipe the nozzle

Engineero

Post by Engineero » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:27 am

OK, so these would be code lines to alter in the Arduino code before compiling? correct?

Tomyuan

Post by Tomyuan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Oh......
I think you've misunderstood my words.
You need to add it to “Start Code”
Start code.png
Start code.png (60.22 KiB) Viewed 8714 times

Engineero

Post by Engineero » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:18 am

Right, just caught that.

Saw the Gcode start/finish boxes in CURA slicer for printer settings.

I wish I had the knowledge of how to use the code, so that when starting a print it sets the bed, and keeps the nozzle on far left so any oozing that happens doesn't land on the build-plate.

Since adding in the 3d-Touch sensor, it always goes to 125/125/10 and does a depth test with the level sensor, then the nozzle stays there as the bed and extruder nozzle heats up, and I end up with a little pile of goo on the bed, as well as sometimes it builds around the nozzle, so I end up with goobers as it starts to make its first print pass.

The other thing I still have issues with is getting the nozzle offset just right, so when It prints I don't have to babystep Z to get that first pass to stick.
My printer always seems to forget my offset after doing a "autolevel" 9 point.

I've got a nice leveling platform I built, and my platform and the machine are as level as I can get it, I still do the paper test and recheck my 4 corners before a print test.

Just confused as I'm new to using Arduino open source printers.

Tomyuan

Post by Tomyuan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 am

Hi,
I think you need to refer to this vid then set the correct z offset for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtsZDb ... x=3&t=163s

Engineero

Post by Engineero » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:35 am

Is there a list somewhere of all valid G-Code commands you can add/adjust into your slicer?