UndCon

Re: 3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

Post by UndCon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:40 pm

There is a usergroup on Google+ for BLtouch

In this you find the information needed

UndCon

Post by UndCon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:48 pm

I also get indications that the sensor from Geeetech is a clone and does not work as intended...bummer...anyway - now it is up to Geeetech to proove that the fake-sensor works as intended.

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:28 am

Yes, a clone but it is called "3D Touch" instead of BLtouch ;)

In the config for the firmware in this thread we have

Code: Select all

#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MIN -15
  #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MAX -5
this forces us to set the offset in the negative range, it wont accept anything else. I have changed this in my to the standard for Marlin, min -20, max 20.
Now, I can use the "M851 Z0"-command the wiki tells us to do. It won't allow Z0 if using min -15 and max -5...

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:54 am

And you cant set -1.4 to -1.6 as the wiki tells us because it's not within -5 to -15 which is set in firmware.

UndCon

Post by UndCon » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:30 am

Great findings. Do you think these changes are the reason we can't get the sensor to work properly?

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Well, my sensor works but gives me uneven prints. Like checkerboard. Just using the probe for homing and not leveling it gives me better results compare with using the sensor to level the bed. I don't know why but I will look in to it.

Btw, my setup on the latest Marlin RCBugfix branch (cloned Nov 14, 2016):
https://goo.gl/paAYx2
Compile and upload with latest Arduino IDE.
Last edited by NiklasO on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:19 pm

hmm, my uneven print could be the software/firmware not letting the axis go down as needed for the print to come out as even.

Btw, can't edit posts here?

Edit: I can edit now? But it seems to work only sporadically.

Well, my main problem was caused by not having Z exactly aligned on both the left and the right side. :oops:

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:27 am

This is a good mount because it mounts out back and leaves cooling scheme options open.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1822188

Cool mount but I have not made 3Dtouch work yet
I spent four days and gave up for now. Taking a break. I am now very familiar with Configuration.h, Configuration.adv.h, pins.h. I have tried MARLIN'S RC & RC7 and the versions that you posted of course with appropriate changes for my system. I have a good working Geeetech Prusa i3 A pro-- in a wood and acrylic box.

resources
antclabs tutorial, Wiki, Geeetech here(same as wiki)
youtube, and more

If someone has 3Dtouch working on a Geeetech Prusa i3 A pro please help me. Post your configuration, pins,h and or pins.xxx.h configuration.adv.h and whatever else you change. For servo control I use the original Z min plug socket for ground and signal to servo plus I soldered a small wire underneath to the pos. (3.3V) there. Way easier than soldering 3 wires on top! The two wire plug goes to Zmax plug --D32 pin remapped to Zprobe-rremapped from Zmax , right?

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:33 am

I followed the instructions in the wiki. Removed the 2-pin Z_MAX connector and soldered three pins.
The pins are a bit confusing. I just change the #define SERVO0_PIN to 32 (in pins_ULTIMAKER.h). Nothing else.

We use the Z_MAX pin to control the servo (the pin going up and down, aka the control signal should be connected to 32) and the Z_MIN pin (30) is used as before but the sensor does the triggering. The 2 pin connector from the sensor make a connection when triggered, just like the original mechanical endstop.
You say "Z min plug socket for ground and signal", that's not right. Signal (orange) should be the middle pin (32) from Z_MAX!

Also, you just need to activate "#define BLTOUCH" in later fw's. Don't mess with Z_SERVO_ANGLES, Z_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR or the "R/C SERVO support"-section.
The #define BLTOUCH will take care of that.
USE_XMAX_PLUG, USE_YMAX_PLUG and USE_ZMAX_PLUG should not be enabled.
Last edited by NiklasO on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:01 am

Thanks for the quick answers.