Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post Reply
User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 2905
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by William » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 am

Note:Create by Cura 3.1
Hi guys! :o
Are you can't find Geeetech A20M on Cura?
Don't worry
Refer to these:


Update:
1.Add the G29 code for ABL sensor at start code
2.Tuning the print area to 275x275,you can adjust it by yourself.

7/1 2019

3.We attached the PLA filament profile for Mixer printer(M201,A10M and A20M)
23/1 2019


1.Download Profile for A20M.zip(the .json file for M201)
Geeetech A20M.zip
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Download the PLA filament profile for A20M
Geeetech Mixer PLA Profile For Cura.zip
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
------------------------------ :D --------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Unzip the zip file then you will get 3 files
A20M-1.png
A20M-1.png (3.19 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.Copy "Geeetech_A20M.def.json" to the
Cura installation directory
Default:
C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 3.1\resources\definitions
A20M-2.png
A20M-2.png (38.05 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.Copy "Geeetech_A20M_extruder_0.def.json" and "Geeetech_A20M_extruder_1.def.json"
to"C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 3.1\resources\extruders"
A20M-3.png
A20M-3.png (46.83 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
A20M-4.png
A20M-4.png (21.33 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.Import the PLA filament profile for Geeetech A20M
Filament profile1.png
Filament profile1.png (29.2 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
Filament profile2.png
Filament profile2.png (48.1 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
Filament profile3.png
Filament profile3.png (49.75 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.Done!Enjoy it!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

AlexR
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:46 am

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by AlexR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 am

Hello,
after installing profile on Cura v3.6.0 for Mac, Extruders appear with incorrect filament size. It shows 2.8mm instead of 1.75m so you need to manually correct both extruders.

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 2905
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by William » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 am

AlexR wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 am
Hello,
after installing profile on Cura v3.6.0 for Mac, Extruders appear with incorrect filament size. It shows 2.8mm instead of 1.75m so you need to manually correct both extruders.
:D Thanks for your suggestion
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

nukwar
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Cura json file A20M extruder stops heating while printing

Post by nukwar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:15 am

Thanks for the post.
I have installed the Cura json files and indeed the A20m profile comes up, BUT when I try to print with the right extruder 2, the heat to the
extruder (A20M has two colors into 1 extruder) stops heating several min's into the print. At this point I have to abort the print.

The left extruder 1, works well, the heat stays on the entire time during the print.

Is there a check box that needs to be checked to keep the heat on when printing with the right color or right extruder 2 ?

I am using Cura 3.6.0 and Mrlin 1.1.8 on the printer.
I am printing over USB.
OS: Win 7 pro.

AlShur
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:10 am

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by AlShur » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 am

I also can't get Cura to work.

Cura 3.6 sees the printer after loading the json files. The sliced gcode file only prints from the one extruder???? Checked printer setup and all looks good (after making changes to bed size and filament size)... still no dual color print. Printer is working fine because I can change the color using the "mixer".

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 2905
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by William » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 pm

AlShur wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 am
I also can't get Cura to work.

Cura 3.6 sees the printer after loading the json files. The sliced gcode file only prints from the one extruder???? Checked printer setup and all looks good (after making changes to bed size and filament size)... still no dual color print. Printer is working fine because I can change the color using the "mixer".
Maybe you can attach the gcode file and we will help to check it
;)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

pepgra
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:51 am

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by pepgra » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am

Hello, the profile is added correctly but the cure stops opening and you have to reinstall everything, I am the only one that happens to you?

AlShur
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:10 am

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by AlShur » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:17 am

William wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 pm
AlShur wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 am
I also can't get Cura to work.

Cura 3.6 sees the printer after loading the json files. The sliced gcode file only prints from the one extruder???? Checked printer setup and all looks good (after making changes to bed size and filament size)... still no dual color print. Printer is working fine because I can change the color using the "mixer".
Maybe you can attach the gcode file and we will help to check it
;)
I think I've found the problem... It seems that the #0 Extruder keeps jamming. Took it all apart down to the hot end. Just before the hotend the PTFE tube was jammed tight with filament. Replaced the tubing and got a few good prints but now it's jammed again. Is this a common problem? Solution?

User avatar
William
Site Admin
Posts: 2905
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by William » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 pm

pepgra wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am
Hello, the profile is added correctly but the cure stops opening and you have to reinstall everything, I am the only one that happens to you?
Maybe the Cura version is not same.
The version of mine's Cura is 3.1,you can try to use this version for a test!
;)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests