Fan noise

Paultheboat

Fan noise

Post by Paultheboat » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:27 pm

I have had my A20M since september but only started using it in December. Apart from a faulty hot-end wich won't allow the ptfe tube on the LH side to go all the way in, which I've reported but got absolutely nowhere with from Geeetech itg has seemed ok until about a week ago when it has started making a 'binding' sort of noise (fan?) which comes on as soon as bed heating strarts, and then fluctuates during the course of a print. I'm concerned that there will be some overheating in the main-board as a result but don't know what to do about it. :o

Zorkman

Re: Fan noise

Post by Zorkman » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 pm

I have an A20M and mine started making a loud binding sort of noise when it was first switched on. I removed the base cover and found the noise was coming from the cheap little fan that cools the main control board. I could not find anything wrong with the fan which seemed to be working satisfactory. I think the noise is just created by the fan vibration because it is bolted directly to the base cover and acts like a sounding board. Maybe Geeetech should consider fixing the fan on rubber mounting washers. Owen.