Hey, new user with an issue I can't see to fix.

kenibark6

Hey, new user with an issue I can't see to fix.

Post by kenibark6 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:19 pm

So I got a Geeetech A20 yesterday, I set it up, all seemed fine, I used the included SD card and printed the only file on there (a dog), which printed absolutely fine, then moved to using cura to print a cover for the LCD, again, printed absolutely fine. It was at this point I moved it to where it was going to stay, I placed it on a piece of foam as the vibration is incredibly loud downstairs, but then whenever I printed something, it would print the outline skim then move on to the actual print at which point, when it begins the infill, it would grab the outer layer and drag it, causing it blob, I took it off the foam and still has the same thing. When Cura prints the initial run off it has this weird loopy bead kind of thing going on, and it strings all over the place.

So far I've tried relevelling the bed, installing new firmware, ensured the belt is tight, cleaned the printing bed, and tried different temps with no luck, pretty much at a loss from what I can gather from beginners guides. Any ideas?