Intermittent electrical issues

H****s

Intermittent electrical issues

Post by H****s » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:54 am

I have an I3 that I built it originally came with a ramps 1,4 board witch I ditched for a GT-2560. This worked great for about a year when one of my extruder motors started oscillating. Thinking it was heat related upgraded to new better/stronger/faster. that resolved the issue I thought. The next thing to go was one of my Z axis motors but before I got it replaced it started working propperly. My next upgrade was the BLTouch installing nightmare but I finnally got it working. I used the endstop method rerouting the pin configuration. This worked spot on but after a G28 command it wasn't in the center of the bed, small problem easily corrected. But while correcting that my other Z axis motor started to oscillate. So I swapped board connection with my other Z axis and it was fixed. Now the BLTouch wont extend on the G28 command. I fill like I'm chasing a Gremlin. Temp of every thing is 24*C

William
Site Admin

Re: Intermittent electrical issues

Post by William » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 pm

So everything is OK now except the BLtouch?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

H****s

Re: Intermittent electrical issues

Post by H****s » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:22 pm

No now everything's working except the extruders. There is a new section on the Marlin firmware configureH file for the extruder. I don't know if I need to turn something off in this section or not. The Hotends are at 220C the beds at100C. There is no filament in the extruders. The extruders are free no mechanical binding. Motors were working with old software. So I led to believe that it has something to do with the firmware settings on my end.

The other problems were fixed by unplugging and plugging the stepper motors back in. Doesn't make sense but it works. And before some one coments on the conectors I purchased and installed the correct 2.5mm jst XH 4-pin conectors