Aluminum Prusa I3 Sanguinololu - Firmware/Software Questions

DAT

Aluminum Prusa I3 Sanguinololu - Firmware/Software Questions

Post by DAT » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:26 am

Hi,
Just getting my head around all this info: so far I have concluded that the Arduino IDE is the editor/compiler for the Marlin Firmware definition file which when compiled by Arduino becomes the machine code/firmware file that is uploaded into the Sanguino board ? (the Sanquino firmware is just a subset of the Marlin code).

Now having installed the Arduino and Marlin software and I believe the Sanguino board files into the Arduino Hardware folder to enable Sanguino to show up in the Tools menu, I only find three board types and can only compile without errors using one of them, the Sanguino W/ATmega1284p 16Mhz, so I am hoping that this is the correct board selection, can you confirm ?

Thanks

Sherry

Re: Aluminum Prusa I3 Sanguinololu - Firmware/Software Quest

Post by Sherry » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:15 pm

DAT wrote:Hi,
Just getting my head around all this info: so far I have concluded that the Arduino IDE is the editor/compiler for the Marlin Firmware definition file which when compiled by Arduino becomes the machine code/firmware file that is uploaded into the Sanguino board ? (the Sanquino firmware is just a subset of the Marlin code).

Now having installed the Arduino and Marlin software and I believe the Sanguino board files into the Arduino Hardware folder to enable Sanguino to show up in the Tools menu, I only find three board types and can only compile without errors using one of them, the Sanguino W/ATmega1284p 16Mhz, so I am hoping that this is the correct board selection, can you confirm ?

Thanks
hi.it's right. more information please refer to the post.
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=16433

DAT

Re: Aluminum Prusa I3 Sanguinololu - Firmware/Software Quest

Post by DAT » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Thanks, I found the information by looking at the markings on the Chip mounted on the control board ;)